Monday, October 8, 2012

Big Bird and Romney

Presidential Debate:

"I like PBS. I love Big Bird," Romney said. "But I am not going to keep spending money on things [we have] to borrow money from China to pay for

SNL Weekend Update:


Thanks to Saturday Night Live, the Sesame Street star got a chance to make a statement during the "Weekend Update" segment.

Big Bird joined "Weekend Update" host Seth Meyers specifically for the purpose of addressing the controversy stemming from Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's statement about cutting funding for the Public Broadcasting Service. If PBS were to go, Big Bird would be done too.

Seth Meyers: "How did you find out your name had been mentioned in the debate?"
Big Bird: "Oh, I got a million tweets."
Seth Meyers: "So you're on Twitter?"
Big Bird: "No. I'm a bird."

Read More at:

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/saturday-night-live/big-bird-responds-to-the-presi-47833.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment